The Mosaic Law had safeguards placed within it to prevent wicked leaders from usurping their powers and making scapegoats out of the people.
After the Jewish leaders talked themselves into believing that Jesus was guilty of a death sentence, they presented Him to Pilate.
Here is a short list of violations:
- No one-day trials resulting in capital punishment.
- No self-incrimination or confession without corroborating witnesses who agree with each other.
- No hearing before the Sanhedrin in the house of the high priest.
- The voting cannot be unanimous for a guilty verdict.
Ironies and Contradictions
- Jesus was convicted of bearing false witness.
- Jesus is the faithful witness (Revelation 1:5)
- Jesus was/is without sin
- Jesus was accused of blasphemy
- Blasphemy is a contemptuous or profane act or utterance concerning God. It is also the act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.
- Jesus was/is their God. He is the God of the Old Testament and Jehovah to the Jews.
- Jesus was tried, accused, and sentenced to death by the high priest and former high priest of the Jews.
- Jesus is the true High Priest (Hebrews 3:1).
- Jesus was forced to before two wicked high priests who considered themselves to be important because they supervised the daily sacrifices in the Temple and entered the Holy of Holies once a year.Two of the most wicked men to walk this planet stood in judgment of the only man who was without sin.
- Jesus was the author of the sacrificial system over which they supervised.
- Jesus wrote the law they claimed to uphold.
- Jesus commanded the Temple to be built and gave the instructions for the ceremonies that took place therein.
- Everything done in the Temple typed and testified of Jesus. All animal sacrifices and ceremonies pointed to Jesus.