While the new Teacher’s Council provides opportunities for teachers to collaborate, the primary purpose is to teach members of the church (including families) how to learn. Our social norms, both in and out of the church, condition us to operate as Self-Help Junkies, with a higher emphasis on completing the reading task than actually learning something.
With this in mind and using Blooms Taxonomy, I’ve taken two lessons from January’s potential topics on the Godhead and written examples for learning objectives.
Topic: The Godhead
- List the members of the Godhead.
- Describe the features of each member of the Godhead.
- What role did each member of Godhead play in the First Vision?
- Why was it necessary for Joseph Smith to see the Godhead in the First Vision?
- Compare the LDS Godhead with the traditional Catholic/Protestant view of the Godhead.
Topic: How can I learn to see Heavenly Father’s hand in all things?
- List 3 things during Sacrament meeting that remind you of Heavenly Father.
- Discuss how the family reminds us of Heavenly Father.
- Explain what a tender mercy is and how tender mercies influence our lives.